What You Can Borrow Beyond Books
Borrowing Beyond Books
The Upper Dublin Public Library (UDPL) loans a variety of Circulating Tech. Circulating Tech is an extension of the UDPL STEAM Lab, enabling borrowers to experiment at home or on the
road. Please visit our Circulating Technology Page for information about tech tools currently available for check out.
Borrowing Eligibility and Requirements
- Members must be 18 years or older with a valid library account in good standing.
- Parent/guardians may check out devices for supervised use by children under 18.
- One tool per card per checkout.
- Checked out for one week and may be renewed if no one is waiting.
- Circulating Tech must be returned to the UDPL, and to avoid damage, it is recommended that items be returned to a staff member rather than in a book return.
- Failure to return the device on time will result in fines assessed at $5/day.
- The borrower is responsible for preventing damage to or theft of the Library’s Circulating Tech.
- Notify staff immediately of any problem with a Circulating Tech tool.
- A borrower may be held responsible for the cost of a damaged or lost item or items, and charges may incur based on replacement value not to exceed $500.
- The Library reserves the right to assess other charges for damage as necessary.
See additional instructions for use provided with each Circulating Tech. For more information, please see our Circulating Tech Policy.
The Upper Dublin Public Library maintains collections that celebrate the languages, cultures, and traditions of countries worldwide. Designed to serve Upper Dublin’s growing immigrant population as well as enrich the entire community, the collections for children and teens (funded, in part, with School District Title III federal funds–part of the No Child Left Behind Act) feature books, dictionaries, DVDs, international cookbooks, bilingual books, and books on various religions and cultures.
For adults, the Library now has fiction and nonfiction books in Chinese, Korean, Hebrew and Spanish. For those learning a new language, don’t miss the library’s language learning tool: Mango. Bonus: Learn American English in your native language with Mango as well.
Take a puzzle, leave a puzzle. Come into Upper Dublin Library with your gently used puzzles and leave with new-to-you puzzles. Children’s puzzles welcome. Free! All puzzles as-is.
Puzzles are on top of the new non-fiction stacks.
Measure the energy consumption in your home and cut down on your electric bills by checking out one of the Library’s Kill a Watt meters!
Electricity bill are rising. Now you can cut down on costs and find out what appliances are actually worth keeping plugged in. Simply connect these appliances to the Kill A Watt™, and it will assess how efficient they really are. Large LCD display will count consumption by the Kilowatt-hour, same as your local utility. You can calculate your electrical expenses by the day, week, month, even an entire year. Also check the quality of your power by monitoring Voltage, Line Frequency, and Power Factor. Now you´ll know if it is time for a new refrigerator or if that old air conditioner is still saving you money. With the amazing Kill A Watt™ you´ll know “Watts” killing you.”
–from P3 International, maker of the Kill a Watt meters
For more information, see our Borrowing Instructions for Special Collections policy.
The Upper Dublin Public Library stocks multiple copies of these titles for all grades throughout the year to support these important educational programs.
To reserve museum passes or see what’s available,
please visit our Museum Pass page.
Thanks to the generosity of the Friends of Upper Dublin Public Library, you can experience history & nature hands on when you check out one of the Library’s museum membership passes. For more information, see our Borrowing Instructions for Special Collections policy.
Comprised of books and DVDS, this collection features topics relevant to raising and educating children. Specific topics include: developing reading skills, student issues, health and communicating. The Parent/Teacher Collection also contains picture books that can be used to help children deal with difficult issues, such as war, divorce, or death.
Enjoy popular audiobooks without being tied to a CD player. Playaways are audiobooks that come pre-loaded on a small device & can be checked out from the library. Headphones and a AAA battery required. For more information, see our Borrowing Instructions for Special Collections policy.
Take your internet on the go! At Upper Dublin Library, you may check out T-Mobile hotspots, which will give you internet anywhere that is served by T-Mobile, including your home, parks, airports, hotels or on the road. All patrons who check out a hotspot must produce library card or ID before checking out.
Hotspot quick facts:
- 7 day check out. Renewable and reservable through
- $20 a day overdue.
- Return in the Upper Dublin Library. Items returned to another library will be assessed the overdue fee.