One of the greatest assets about which the Upper Dublin Public Library can boast is our volunteers. Our volunteers are essential in helping the Library run smoothly and efficiently. Volunteering at the Library is also a great way to get connected to your community.
There are four methods of helping out at Upper Dublin Library:
Volunteering with the Library for Adults
If you are eighteen or older and would like to learn more about volunteerism in the library, please download the volunteer brochure:
If you would like to apply for a volunteer position, please fill out and submit our application:
**We appreciate your interest in volunteering at UDPL. At this time, we do not have any open general volunteer positions. We are accepting applications, which we will keep on file for further volunteer needs, as they arise. If you have questions about volunteering at UDPL, please contact Lauren Smyth at 215-628-8744 x3244 or email@example.com**
Volunteering with the Library for Teens and Tweens
**We appreciate your interest in volunteering at UDPL. We do not have any short-term or general volunteer positions for students in grades 6-12 at this time.**
If you are in 9th through 12th grade and are looking for volunteer or community service opportunities, please consider one (or more!) of the following options:
- General Volunteering (September – May):
- For students in grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from program assistance to shelf maintenance
- Volunteer for as few as 1 or as many as 3 hours per week
- General Volunteers are needed during the school year between September – May.
- ALL General Volunteer positions for students in grades 9-12 are now FULL.
- Please contact Molly Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Teen Summer Internship Program (June-August):
- For students ENTERING grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks pertaining to UDPL’s Summer Reading Club and its programs
- Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hour per week on a set schedule
- There are a limited number of summer internships.
- Click here to see the Teen Summer Internship Description
- The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program will run from Monday, May 13 – Friday May 24, 2019.
All Other Teen Volunteer Opportunities (Year-Round):
UDPL can accommodate a LIMITED number of special projects for students in grades 6-12 needing volunteer hours. These include:
- National Honor Society
- National Junior Honor Society
- Scouting Projects (including Cadet & Eagle Scout)
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Projects
- Culminating Projects (UDHS Students)
- Senior Projects (non-UDHS Students)
Please contact Molly Kane, Head of Teen Services, directly for more information. email@example.com
**UDHS Community Study Students are selected by invitation only. These students are chosen from the pool of existing volunteers. The best way to be chosen to complete Community Study at UDPL is to volunteer prior to Senior Year.**
Volunteering with the Friends
If you would like to volunteer with the Friends of UDPL, visit the Friends of Upper Dublin Library page and click on the “Get Involved” box.
Volunteering with the Library Board
The Library Board gets elected in the April of each year. If you would like to volunteer to be Library Board member, see the Upper Dublin Township page for the Citizen Board Application.