One of the greatest assets about which the Upper Dublin Public Library can boast is our volunteers. Our volunteers are essential in helping the Library run smoothly and efficiently. Volunteering at the Library is also a great way to get connected to your community.
There are four methods of helping out at Upper Dublin Library:
Volunteering with the Library for Adults
UDPL will be updating our volunteer program during Summer and Fall 2019. Due to this restructuring, we will not be accepting new volunteer applications at this time. Thanks for your interest in volunteering at UDPL!
Volunteering with the Library for Teens and Tweens
**We appreciate your interest in volunteering at UDPL. All General Volunteer positions are now FULL. We have a VERY LIMITED number of positions for students needing to complete volunteer hours. Interested STUDENTS should contact Molly Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org directly for more information.**
- General Volunteering (September – May):
- For students in grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from program assistance to shelf maintenance
- Volunteer for as few as 1 or as many as 3 hours per week
- General Volunteers are needed during the school year between October – December.
- Applications for General Volunteering during the 2019-2020 school year will open on 9/23/2019
- All General Volunteer Spots for Fall 2019 are now FULL
- Teen Summer Internship Program (June-August):
- For students ENTERING grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks pertaining to UDPL’s Summer Reading Club and its programs
- Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hour per week on a set schedule
- There are a limited number of summer internships.
- Click here to see the Teen Summer Internship Description
- The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program will run from Monday, May 13 – Friday May 24, 2019.
- Applications for this program are now CLOSED.
All Other Teen Volunteer Opportunities (Year-Round):
UDPL can accommodate a LIMITED number of special projects for students in grades 6-12 needing volunteer hours. These include:
- National Honor Society
- National Junior Honor Society
- Scouting Projects (including Cadet & Eagle Scout)
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Projects
- Culminating Projects (UDHS Students)
- Senior Projects (non-UDHS Students)
Please contact Molly Kane, Head of Teen Services, directly for more information. email@example.com
**UDHS Community Study Students are selected by invitation only. These students are chosen from the pool of existing volunteers. The best way to be chosen to complete Community Study at UDPL is to volunteer prior to Senior Year.**
Volunteering with the Friends
If you would like to volunteer with the Friends of UDPL, visit the Friends of Upper Dublin Library page and click on the “Get Involved” box.
Volunteering with the Library Board
The Library Board gets elected in the April of each year. If you would like to volunteer to be Library Board member, see the Upper Dublin Township page for the Citizen Board Application.