One of the greatest assets about which the Upper Dublin Public Library can boast is our volunteers. Our volunteers are essential in helping the Library run smoothly and efficiently. Volunteering at the Library is also a great way to get connected to your community.
There are four methods of helping out at Upper Dublin Library:
Volunteering with the Library for Adults
If you are eighteen or older and would like to learn more about volunteerism in the library, please download the volunteer brochure:
If you would like to apply for a volunteer position, please fill out and submit our application:
**We appreciate your interest in volunteering at UDPL. At this time, we do not have any open general volunteer positions. We are accepting applications, which we will keep on file for further volunteer needs, as they arise. If you have questions about volunteering at UDPL, please contact Lauren Smyth at 215-628-8744 x3244 or email@example.com**
Volunteering with the Library for Teens and Tweens
If you are in 9th through 12th grade and are looking for volunteer or community service opportunities, please consider one (or more!) of the following options:
General Volunteering (September – May):
- For students in grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from program assistance to shelf maintenance
- Volunteer for as little as 1 or as many as 3 hours per week
- General Volunteers are needed during the school year between September – May.
- Applications for General Volunteers will be accepted again beginning in September, 2017.
Teen Library Council (September – May):
- Teens and tweens in grades 6-12
- TLC is a service organization run by middle and high school students in grades that combines volunteerism with fundraising and event planning.
- Click here to view the Teen Library Council (TLC) informational brochure
- Applications for the Teen Library Council will be accepted again beginning in September 2017.
Teen Summer Internship Program (June-August):
- For students ENTERING grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks pertaining to UDPL’s Summer Reading Club and its programs
- Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hour per week on a set schedule
- There are a limited number of summer internships.
- Click here for more information.
- The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program will run from Monday, May 15 – Monday, May 29, 2017.
The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program has now ended.
Volunteering with the Friends
If you would like to volunteer with the Friends of UDPL, visit the Friends of Upper Dublin Library page and click on the “Get Involved” box.
Volunteering with the Library Board
The Library Board gets elected in the April of each year. If you would like to volunteer to be Library Board member, see the Upper Dublin Township page for the Citizen Board Application.