Teen Volunteering & the Teen Library Council
If you are in 9th through 12th grade and are looking for volunteer or community service opportunities, please consider one (or more!) of the following options:
General Volunteering (September – May):
- For students in grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from program assistance to shelf maintenance
- Volunteer for as little as 1 or as many as 3 hours per week
- General Volunteers are needed during the school year between September – May.
- **At this time we do not have any open teen volunteering positions. We are accepting applications, which we will keep on file for further volunteer needs, as they arise.**
- Please click here to access the online application form.
Teen Summer Internship Program (June-August):
- For students ENTERING grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks pertaining to UDPL’s Summer Reading Club and its programs
- Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hour per week on a set schedule
- There are a limited number of summer internships.
- The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program will run from Monday, May 14 – Monday, May 28, 2018.
All Other Teen Volunteer Opportunities (Year-Round):
UDPL can accommodate a LIMITED number of special projects for students in grades 6-12 needing volunteer hours. These include:
- National Honor Society
- National Junior Honor Society
- Scouting Projects (including Cadet & Eagle Scout)
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Projects
- Culminating Projects (UDHS Students)
- Senior Projects (non-UDHS Students)
Please contact Molly Kane, Head of Teen Services, directly for more information. email@example.com
**UDHS Community Study Students are selected by invitation only. These students are chosen from the pool of existing volunteers. The best way to be chosen to complete Community Study at UDPL is to volunteer prior to Senior Year.**