Teen Volunteering & the Teen Library Council
If you are in 9th through 12th grade and are looking for volunteer or community service opportunities, please consider one (or more!) of the following options:
General Volunteering (September – May):
- For students in grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks from program assistance to shelf maintenance
- Volunteer for as little as 1 or as many as 3 hours per week
- General Volunteers are needed during the school year between September – May.
- Applications for General Volunteers will be accepted again beginning in September, 2017.
Teen Library Council (September – May):
- Teens and tweens in grades 6-12
- TLC is a service organization run by middle and high school students in grades that combines volunteerism with fundraising and event planning.
- Click here to view the Teen Library Council (TLC) informational brochure
- Applications for the Teen Library Council will be accepted again beginning in September 2017.
Teen Summer Internship Program (June-August):
- For students ENTERING grades 9-12
- Volunteers complete a variety of tasks pertaining to UDPL’s Summer Reading Club and its programs
- Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hour per week on a set schedule
- There are a limited number of summer internships.
- Click here for more information.
- The application period for UDPL’s Teen Summer Internship Program will run from Monday, May 15 – Monday, May 29, 2017.
Please check back on Monday, May 15, 2017 to access the online application.