STEAM Lab FAQ
Currently the UDPL STEAM Lab has the following technology tools:
– iPad Air Tablets (x10)
– Desktop Computers (x6)
– Windows 10 Laptops (x5)
– Acer Chrome Books (x4)
– HP LaserJet Color Printer
– Canon Pixma Inkjet Photo Printer
– Swingline GBC Fusion Paper Laminator
– Cube 3D Printer
– iSense 3D Scanner
– MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer
– MakerBot Replicator Mini 3D Printers (x2)
– Sphero 2.0 Tablet Controlled Robot
– Orbotix Ollie Tablet Controlled Robot
– Lego Mindstorms EV3 Robotics Kits (x5)
– Dot & Dash Wonder Workshop Robots (x4)
– Dot & Dash Accessory Kit (x2)
– Ozobot Coding Robots (x5)
– Little Bits Premium Kits (x3)
– Arduino Micro Computer Starter Kits (x4)
– Makey Makey Standard Kits (x4)
– Raspberry Pi Micro Computer Starter Kits (x4)
– GoPro Hero3 (x2)
– Multiple GoPro Harnesses and Accessories
– Nikon Coolpix L330 Digital Cameras (x4)
– Green Screen Kit
– Tabletop Movie Making Studio Kits (x4)
– Tabletop Movie Making Background Kit (x1)
– Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer (x3)
– Wacom Bambook One Pen Tablets (x2)
– American Button Machine Pin-Back 1.5″ Button Maker
– Squishy Circuit Kits (x8)
– Snowball Condenser Microphones (x4)
– Sony Stereo Headphones (x8)
– Precision Screwdriver Set
– Singer Heavy Duty Sewing Machines (x6)
– Rotary Cutting Kits for Fabric (x4)
– Sewing Essentials Kits (x4)
– Knitting Looms (Assorted Round, Flower, & Scarf sizes)
– EggBot Micro Plotter
No. STEAM Lab programming is open to any interested individual regardless of residency.
The UDPL STEAM Lab offers a variety of different programs and events. For more info on these events, please visit the STEAM Lab Registration Page.
Currently, participation in STEAM Lab programming is free.
Yes! If you have an .STL or .OBJ file that you would like printed, you can click here to fill out our online submission form. You’ll be able to upload your file and select details like object color right from this form.
The cost will be $10/item, paid at the time the 3D Printing Request Form is submitted. Creations weighing over 50 grams will be charged an additional fee of $.25/g to be paid at pick up. The print fee may be paid online through UDPL’s online store. You will receive a link to the store in your confirmation email. You can also pay in person at the library by cash or check. The fee must be paid before printing can begin. Depending on the size of the job and other uses of the printers, print jobs will take a minimum of one week to be produced. UDPL cannot do rush 3D print jobs.
Participants in our Intro to 3D Printing classes receive one free print. If you are interested in signing up, please click here to go to see a list of upcoming 3D Printing classes.
UDPL is dedicated to offering opportunities for patrons to experiment with new and emerging technology beyond the LSTA grant period. Future programming will rely on support from the UDPL community and the Friends of UDPL. If you would like to support the STEAM Lab, please visit the Friends’ fundraising page.
The UDPL STEAM Lab is always looking for volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering, please go to our volunteer information page.
**Please note** There are separate volunteer applications for teen and adult volunteers. Teen volunteers are students thirteen-eighteen years old who are in middle or high school. Adult volunteers are anyone eighteen or older.