- EBSCOhost MasterfileMain Edition: search for magazine and newspaper articles
- EBSCO eBooks: access to over 16,000 eBooks
- Contemporary Authors: information on more than 145,000 authors
- GreenFILE: environmental e-resources
- Science Reference Center: full-text science articles
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Business Source Main Edition
- Consumer Health Complete: Health information for consumers
ReferenceUSA: Phone number & address look-ups for individuals and businesses.
Great for finding lost relatives, sales leads and prospective employers.
Tip: To find most people, including those without land-lines, use the “U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles” database.
Philadelphia Inquirer Archives, 1981-present & Philadelphia Inquirer Historical Archive, 1829-1922
Ancestry.com: Genealogy information.
In library only. (Link on the start menu of our computers.)
For more local history resources, check out our Local History page!
Achieve your educational and career goals. Choose a center: Job & Career, Adult Learning, College Prep, Computer Skills & High School Equivalency. Also US Citizenship Test Practice!
Mango: Learn over 60 languages!
AskHerePA: Need help now? Chat with a live Librarian
Sites for Readers
“I need a Good Book”
- Stop, You’re Killing Me: “A Site to die for…If you love mystery books!”
- All About Romance: The Back-Fence for Lovers of Romance Novels
- SF Site: Science Fiction/Fantasy reviews, author interviews, conference information and more
- Historical Novels.info
Internet Sites the Librarians Like
Books & Audiobooks for the Home Bound and/or Disabled
- Books by Mail at Norristown Public Library
- Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped at Free Library of Philadelphia
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council: Performance reports for hospitals and health care companies
- Quality Check: Check up on the performance of hospitals
Voting Information: Information on ballot questions & local & national races
- Project Vote-Smart: Enter your zip code for local races. Don’t know your zip+4? Look it up at the USPS site.
- League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania: National election information.
- Montgomery County Voter Services: Voter registration forms
Local Resources for Tough Times
- Community Connections: Provides Navicates that will help residents navigate Montgomery County Human Services resources
- Pennysylvania Department of Human Services: links to the programs that can help you in tough times.
- Pennsylvania 211 Southeast
- Law Library of Montgomery County: the county center for help with the law
- Courthouse-PO Box 311, Norristown PA 19404-0311, Ph: 610-278-3805, Fax: 610-278-5998
- PA LawHelp.org: Legal information and legal services in Pennsylvania
- PA Career Link: Get resume help, take classes and brush up on your skills.
- 1855 New Hope Street, Norristown, PA. 19401, Ph: 610-270-3429, Fax: 610-270-3428, TTY: 610-270-1273
- LIHEAP: help pay your heating bills through home heating energy assistance grants and crisis grants. 1-866-857-7095, TDD: 1-800-451-5886
- Disaster Assistance: or 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
Local Resources and History
For Local History: please see our Upper Dublin Local History Page
PA Law, Code & Court Resources
- Montgomery County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
- PA Legal Aid Network
- Law Library of Montgomery County: the county center for help with the law!
Upper Dublin Law & Code
PA Laws, Statutes or Acts (created by the state legislative branch)
- State laws organized by subject: Unofficial Purdon’s Pennsylvania Statutes from West
- Official laws 1975 to present: PA General Assembly
- PA State Laws 1682-1809
- PA State Laws by year 1970-2008
PA Code, Regulations or Rules (created by the state executive branch)
Court Information (from largest to smallest)
- PA Court Opinions: Please note that each Court- Supreme, Superior, & Commonwealth– has its own search page.
- Appellate Court Docket Sheets
- Common Pleas Court Docket Sheets
- Magisterial District Courts Docket Sheets
- Montgomery County Civil Courts: Click on Case Viewer
- Pennsylvania POWER Libraries : Educational databases of journal articles. You’ll need a library card barcode to search these databases from home
Where to Go when you’ve been Ripped Off
- Better Business Bureau of PA: ratings of local companies
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Ripoff Report: Reviews by customers of businesses. Searchable by area and name!
English as a Second Language
- Upper Dublin Library ESL Conversation Group
- Montgomery County Literacy Network: Members (most supply some ESL tutoring)
- Abington Public Library Adult Literacy: ESL classes and tutoring
- Won Community Service Center: ESL classes
- Welcoming Center: search for more ESL classes in our area
Finances, Stock & Market information
- Free Credit Reports: site put together by the three consumer credit reporting companies. It will give you one free report from each per year
Computer Training recommended by our Tutors