The Friends raise monies for the library through memberships, fundraising events, and the ongoing Book Sale in the library.
Current Fundraising Events
You can help support the Friends of UDPL when you buy on Amazon Smile.
When you use Amazon Smile, you can support the library.
Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you’re shopping already (products, prices, and services). The only difference is that a portion of your eligible purchases will be donated to the library.
Visit https://smile.amazon.com/ and choose “The Friends of Upper Dublin Public Library.”
Upcoming Fundraising Events
5th Annual Craft Show
Thanks to our 2017 Craft Show Sponsors!
Audi Willow Grove
Dr. John P. Grigger, Family Dentistry
9th Annual Jewelry Show – Vintage and Costume Jewelry
October TBA, 2018, Saturday, 8 am to 2 pm
Community Room at the Upper Dublin Township Building
Over 2,000 beautiful pieces of jewelry including bracelets, rings, necklaces, earrings, pins, watches, and even some unique miscellaneous items will be sold at prices MOSTLY ranging from $1.00 to $10.00. Some items will be priced at higher values.
Friends Members make a difference for library users every day. Members of the Friends are local residents and businesses who, like you, recognize all that the Upper Dublin Public Library has to offer our community, and who want to support it. Your valuable membership provides the support we need to help the UDPL continue improving your services.
To become a Friend, complete the Friends Membership Form and return to the library.
Friends Book Sale Information and Donation Guidelines
The Book Sale is always open when the library is. There are many new and used books at over 90% off cover price! Inventory changes regularly.
Go straight through the front doors. The book sale is on the back wall.
All proceeds benefit Friends of UDPL in their mission to sponsor library programs and special purchases.
Book Sale and Donation FAQs
The Friends of the Upper Dublin Public Library gratefully accepts gently used donations of hardback books, paperbacks, children’s books, DVDs, audio books, CDs, and puzzles, which are then sold at the ongoing book sale to raise library funds. All materials must be in good condition.
- Donations are accepted in portable containers (bags, boxes, etc.) at the sale drop off area to the left of the library front desk.
- We accept 3 bags or boxes at a time. For donations of more than 3 boxes or bags, we ask that you see the front desk to make an appointment before donating.
- Donations are accepted any time the Library is open.
- Donations should not be put in the book drop or left in front of the building (because then we can’t be sure they really are donations.)
- Donors may ask for a letter acknowledging the donation. However, library staff cannot appraise the items or indicate a value in the acknowledgment letter.
- Time permitting, library staff will review donations and consider adding them to the collection in accordance with the Materials Selection/Collection Development Policy. The Friends and library staff reserve the right to sell or otherwise dispose of donations not added to the collection.
- Due to the lack of storage space and the difficulty of resale of some materials, not all donations are acceptable.
We urge donors to observe these guidelines because unacceptable materials must be discarded at library expense.
Occasionally, staff find personal items in donated books (examples: bookmarks, photographs, news clippings.) By the time the items are discovered, staff is unable to tell who made the donation. Photographs are usually saved for a reasonable amount of time in hopes that the owner may come to claim them. Special bookmarks may also be saved. Most other items will be discarded immediately.
- Adult Hardbacks: $1.00 each
- Trade Paperbacks: $1.00 each
- Children’s & Teen Hardbacks: $1.00 each
- Music CDs, DVDs & Audio Books: $1.00 each
- Adult Mass Market Paperback: $0.50 each
- Children/Teen paperback books: $0.50 each
- Special items may be more and will be marked.
The Friends of the Upper Dublin Public Library gratefully accepts gently used donations from a smoke-free home of hardback books, paperbacks, children’s books, DVDs, audio books, CDs, and puzzles, which are then sold at the ongoing book sale to raise library funds. All materials must be in good condition.
Due to the lack of storage space and the difficulty of resale of some materials, not all donations are acceptable. We urge donors to observe these guidelines because unacceptable materials must be discarded at library expense. We cannot accept:
- damaged books, including:
- damaged spines
- water damaged, dirty or moldy materials
- torn covers, pages
- highlighted material
- books written in or marked (except signed or inscribed)
- Only donations from a smoke-free home please
- VHS tapes
- encyclopedias more than 5 years old, or sets missing volumes
- reference books more than 3 years old
- computer books/manuals more than 5 years old
- magazines, including National Geographic and American Heritage
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- bulk packs or other bound study materials
- vinyl records