Grab & Go Appointments
Click Grab & Go to make an appointment
Grab & Go Appointments
Grab & Go is the UDPL’s next phase of library service. Available by appointment only, up to 25 visitors/timeslot are now invited inside the new Library to briefly browse and borrow from the collections. And, of course, you’ll finally get to explore the new Library on your own. At this time, we are scheduling 30-minute appointments. More timeslots will be announced when they become available.
Before scheduling, please make sure that Grab & Go is the library service you need. The library staff will continue to serve you with all of the remote and virtual options currently available. All items for pickup will continue to be handled at the drive-thru Service Window only. Staff are available to assist you by phone and email. And we encourage you to continue to borrow from our extensive ebook/eaudio collections, available 24/7.
The UDPL is operating in accordance with CDC and PA COVID-19 guidelines. When visiting, please adhere to the following:
1. Stay Home if You are Feeling Unwell or have been recently exposed to COVID-19. For more from the CDC on what to do if you’re sick or exposed, go here.
2. Wear a Mask. In accordance with the latest state and CDC guidelines to help mitigate the spread of the virus, the Library Board adopted a COVID-19 policy in September that requires masks to be worn properly over the mouth and nose at all times while in the Library building. If you cannot wear a mask, please utilize the Service Window or contact the library staff to assist you.
3. Maintain 6-foot Distancing. Please maintain at least 6-foot distancing between you and other visitors and library staff.
4. Bring Your Library Card. All checkouts will occur at our self-checkout stations, which require you to scan the barcode on the back of your library card. Consider scanning your library card to your phone using the Cardstar or Stocard Apps so you always have it with you. If you do not have a library card, apply for one here.
5. Please be Patient. We know that all of these rules and changes can be confusing and frustrating at times. Please know that we are doing our best to provide library services in a unique time while ensuring that we keep everyone safe. We can only do this if we all work together.
Make an Appointment HERE. Thirty-minute appointments are now available. If changes are made to the status of Grab & Go, you will be notified via the email you provide. For now, please be courteous of others and limit yourself to no more than one appointment every two weeks and cancel any appointment you cannot keep. All visitors in your registration count towards the maximum capacity for that timeslot.
For more on library services now, visit our Using the Library Now page.
Grab & Go Appointments available Monday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday at:
Grab & Go Appointments available Tuesday & Wednesday at:
Click here for more information about Grab & Go and to make an appointment.