Get a Library Card
Need a library card while the UDPL building is closed?
Upper Dublin Township residents can apply for a library card here.
You will be contacted with your library card number within 24 hours so you can start using our online resources. Your physical card will be mailed to you in a few days.
We may communicate with you via phone, email or text message. Communications will be for library purposes only, such as an item you have requested is in, your items are almost due, your library card has expired, etc. We will never sell your personal information.
- You may need to whitelist our email address to stop your email provider from sending our messages to spam. See here for instructions.
- To sign up for library communications, please see a staff member.
- For text messaging notices, we will need your cell phone number and your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
- For the best way to find out about library events & new services, please feel free to sign up for our email newsletter.
Most UDPL items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting
- 1 hour – in-library devices (see Device Use Policy and Agreement)
- 3 days (begins at 3 pm on Day 1 and ends at noon on Day 3) – museum/arboreta passes
- 7 days – New DVDs (single/double disk sets; for first six months only), video games, magazines, Circulating Tech
- 21 days – all other materials
- Reference, most recent magazine issues, and some special materials do not circulate. Please note that items borrowed from other libraries may have a different loan period or fine structure, which we are required to honor.
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy
- Juvenile Collection Item: 15¢ a day
- Adult Collection Item: 25¢ a day
- DVDs/pre-loaded audiobooks/video games/Kill a Watts: $1 per day
- Circulating Tech: $5 per day
- Wireless Hotspots: $20 per day
- Museum/Arboreta Passes: $20 per day
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Most of our items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting for them. Items from other libraries may have other renewal policies. Also, please be aware that “items due” emails from our system do not have “live” information and do not know if someone is waiting for an item. For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Other Library Policies
All Policies are in pdf format
- Customer Service Policy
- Confidentiality of Library Records Policy
- Library Use Policy
- Materials Selection & Collection Development Policy
- Materials Use Policy
- Internet and Computer Use Policy and Guidelines
- Computing Assistance Policy & Waiver
- Wireless Instructions
- Reference Services Defined
- Lobby Bulletin Board Policy