Get a Library Card
Bring or email us your Library Card Application.
Library Card Instructions
- Adults must present valid Township address or proof of employment located in the Township, for example, photo ID or other official documentation with the applicant’s name and current mailing address (i.e. driver’s license, government i.d., utility bill, lease, property tax bill or bank statement.)
- Library cards need to be renewed every three years. Lost library cards can be replaced for a $1 fee with appropriate identification (photo id, etc.).
- Children under age 18 must have the signature of a parent/guardian who will be financially responsible for materials borrowed on the child’s card.
- Montgomery County residents who do not have a home library in their township or borough may apply for a Montgomery County – Norristown library card through Upper Dublin.
Library Card by Mail Instructions:
- To edit the application, download it to your device, fill in the forms and save.
- Library card application can be emailed to us via the “Submit” button in the upper left-hand corner of the pdf. Or, if this does not work on your device, please email the filled in application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cards will be mailed to the address on the application, which may take up to one week. If you do not receive your card within a week, please contact the library.
- If you need a card immediately, please print out the application and visit the library.
- If we are unable to verify your address through the mail, the in-person registration process will be followed.
We may communicate with you via phone, email or text message. Communications will be for library purposes only, such as an item you have requested is in, your items are almost due, your library card has expired, etc. We will never sell your personal information.
- You may need to whitelist our email address to stop your email provider from sending our messages to spam. See here for instructions.
- To sign up for library communications, please see a staff member.
- For text messaging notices, we will need your cell phone number and your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
- For the best way to find out about library events & new services, please feel free to sign up for our email newsletter.
Most UDPL items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting
- 1 hour – in-library devices (see Device Use Policy and Agreement)
- 3 days (begins at 3 pm on Day 1 and ends at noon on Day 3) – museum/arboreta passes
- 7 days – New DVDs (single/double disk sets; for first six months only), video games, magazines, Circulating Tech
- 21 days – all other materials
- Reference, most recent magazine issues, and some special materials do not circulate. Please note that items borrowed from other libraries may have a different loan period or fine structure, which we are required to honor.
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy
- Juvenile Collection Item: 15¢ a day
- Adult Collection Item: 25¢ a day
- DVDs/pre-loaded audiobooks/video games/Kill a Watts: $1 per day
- Circulating Tech: $5 per day
- Wireless Hotspots: $20 per day
- Museum/Arboreta Passes: $20 per day
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Most of our items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting for them. Items from other libraries may have other renewal policies. Also, please be aware that “items due” emails from our system do not have “live” information and do not know if someone is waiting for an item. For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Other Library Policies
All Policies are in pdf format
- Customer Service Policy
- Confidentiality of Library Records Policy
- Library Use Policy
- Materials Selection & Collection Development Policy
- Materials Use Policy
- Internet and Computer Use Policy and Guidelines
- Computing Assistance Policy & Waiver
- Wireless Instructions
- Reference Services Defined
- Lobby Bulletin Board Policy