Celebrate National Poetry Month this April with UDPL & UDSD! Enter your poem in our Teen Poetry Contest for a chance to be published and win a prize.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR POETRY – Deadline April 30
Please read the details and rules below carefully before submitting!
- Contest is open to Upper Dublin residents in grades 6-12.
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2023
- Entries will be judged based on technical and artistic merits, such as language, style, originality, theme, and impact. Middle school and high school entries will be judged separately.
- Participants will submit through the Upper Dublin Library website.
- Winning entries will be shared on the library website, social media, and in the Teen Poetry Contest e-book.
- Winners will be notified in May and announced on the SRMS, UDHS, and UDPL websites, as well as social media.
- Contest is in partnership with Sandy Run Middle School Library and Upper Dublin High School Library. Prizes are sponsored by the Friends of UDPL.
- Participants must be a resident of Upper Dublin Township and in grades 6-12.
- Poems can be any format and theme, including slam poetry performances of original poems.
- For written poems: Entries should be in PDF or DOC format and no more than 30 lines. Please title your work.
- For slam poetry performances: Entries should be in video or audio format of good quality. Please speak clearly. Video or audio files should not run longer than 3 minutes.
- Participants can submit up to two (2) poems total.
- All entries must be original by a single author. Plagiarism, work containing copyrighted characters (including fan fiction), and explicit content will NOT be considered.
- Participants in grades 6-8 must have parental permission to enter the contest.
- By entering the contest, you are giving UDPL permission to publish your poem in an e-book, on the UDPL website, and on social media, along with your name.
- All entries must be submitted by April 30th, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
- Visa gift cards will be awarded to the first, second, and third place winners chosen from both middle school (Gr 6-8) and high school (Gr 9-12) categories.
- Prizes are sponsored by the Friends of UDPL.
Read previous Teen Poetry Contest winners here: