History Book Group
1st Tuesday of the Month, 7-8 pm
Library Conference Room ATTN: Sept 3 moved upstairs to Community Rooms A/B
Reading fiction and non-fiction books about history. New members always welcome.
Questions? Contact Kay Klocko at 215-628-8744 or via our contact page.
- August: No meeting.
- September 3: In the garden of beasts : love, terror, and an American family in Hitler’s Berlin / Erik Larson.
- October 1: Kon-Tiki : across the Pacific by raft / Thor Heyerdahl ; translated by F.H. Lyon.
- November 5: The alienist / Caleb Carr.
- December 3: The coldest winter : America and the Korean War / David Halberstam.
- January 7: In a sunburned country / Bill Bryson.
- February 4: Team of rivals : the political genius of Abraham Lincoln / Doris Kearns .
- March 3: Isaac’ s storm : a man, a time, and the deadliest hurricane in history / Erik Larson .
- April 7: The path between the seas : the creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914 / David McCullough.
- May 5: King Leopold’ s ghost : a story of greed , terror, and heroism in colonial Africa / Adam Hochschild
- June 2: The lost city of the Monkey God : a true story / Douglas Preston.
Upcoming books, especially those six months out, may change depending on group needs.