Date: Wednesday, 2/2 (Snow Date 2/9)
Age Group: Adults
Program Format: Library Auditorium
Description: Join Adrienne Bishop, a Life Coach for Parents and Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, for a FREE workshop, Calm Confident Parenting. In this workshop, she will teach you how to stop reacting emotionally to challenging situations with your child. This allows you to think more clearly about what’s going on in your child’s mind and helps you to stay calm and curious and not just react to your child’s behaviors, but to respond thoughtfully, making you more effective at reducing unwanted behaviors and gaining cooperation. In the workshop you will learn:
• What prevents you from being calm and confident in your parenting
• How to stop parenting emotionally, and instead start solving problems
• How to start influencing your kids and stop controlling them so they want to cooperate more often
• How to stop reacting and start deciding how you want to respond to them
• How to step into calm confident leadership so your kids respect, listen, and trust you.
• How to crack the kid code and get into their heads when they act out so you can reduce misbehavior and improve your relationship
Instructor: Adrienne Bishop
All Covid safety protocols apply. Masks required.
Registration: No registration required.