Online Collection Starter Guides
1. Overdrive/Libby – More info and help
More about Overdrive/Libby
- For all MCLINC library cardholders. Extra books are also available just for UDPL cardholders.
- Checkout Limit: 10 books, unlimited magazines
- Holds Limit: 10 books
- Checkout Period: You can adjust it to 7, 14, or 21 days
- When the item is due, it’s automatically returned — no late fees.
- There are waiting lists for some items. You will be notified when the item is ready to checkout. You can also suspend your hold if you’re not ready to read it yet.
- Magazines are always available and do not count towards your total checkout limit.
2. Hoopla – More info and help
More about Hoopla
- For UDPL cardholders only
- Checkout Limit: 7 items a month
- Checkout Periods:
- eBooks, Audiobooks & Comics: 21 days
- Movies & TV shows: 72 hours (3 days)
- Music: 7 days. (Individual music albums may be borrowed twice in a 30-day period.)
- No waiting lists! Items are available immediately.
- When the book is due, it’s automatically returned — no late fees.
3. Digital Magazines – More info & help
More about Digital Magazines
- Now available from the Overdrive website or Libby app. See the Overdrive/Libby help section above for getting started.
- For all MCLINC library cardholders.
- No Checkout Limit. Magazines are available immediately and will not count towards your total checkouts.
- Over 3,000 current and back issues are available.
What happened to the RBdigital service for magazines?
RBdigital magazines have moved to the Overdrive website & Libby app. You may continue to use the RBdigital app until the end of March 2021.