Book Groups for Adults
Book Bunch Book Group
1st Monday of the month, 1:30-2:30p
Library Program Room
Reading current fiction and non-fiction. New members always welcome!
Questions? Contact the Reference Librarian at 215-628-8744 or via our contact form
- 3/2/2020: A Place for Us, by Fatima Farheen Mirza (2018)
- 4/13/2020: Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood, by Trevor Noah (2016) **THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE NORMAL DATE**
- 5/4/2020: Lilac Girls, by Martha Hall Kelly (2016)
- 6/1/2020: The Great Alone, by Kristin Hannah (2019)
- 7/6/2020: We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, by Karen Joy Fowler (2014)
- 9/14/2020 (one week late): The Library Book, by Susan Orlean (2018)
- 10/5/2020: Lost Children Archive, by Valeria Luiselli (2019)
- 11/2/2020: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane, by Lisa See (2018)
- 12/7/2020: Educated : a memoir / Tara Westover.
- 1/4/2021: The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion (2013)
- 2/1/2021: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, by David Grann (2017)
- 3/1/2021: The Great Believers, by Rebecca Makkai (2018)
- 4/5/2021: Where the Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens (2018)
- 5/3/2021: Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir, by Ruth Reichl (2019)
- 6/7/2021: The Alice Network, by Kate Quinn (2017)
- 7/5/2021: Before We Were Yours, by Lisa Wingate (2017)
- 9/6/2021: To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf (1927)
Curious about what we’ve read in the past? Check out our booklist from 2001 to the present.
Facilitator: Sara S.
History Book Group
1st Tuesday of the Month, 7-8 pm
Library Conference Room
Reading fiction and non-fiction books about history. New members always welcome.
Questions? Contact the Reference Librarian at 215-628-8744 or via our contact page.
- March 3: Isaac’ s storm : a man, a time, and the deadliest hurricane in history / Erik Larson .
- April 7: The path between the seas : the creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914 / David McCullough.
- May 5: King Leopold’ s ghost : a story of greed , terror, and heroism in colonial Africa / Adam Hochschild
- June 2: The lost city of the Monkey God : a true story / Douglas Preston.
Upcoming books, especially those six months out, may change depending on group needs.
Curious about what we’ve read in the past? Check out our booklist from 2012 to the present.
Facilitators: Gary & Chris
Bookworms Book Group
1st Thursday of the Month, 7:15-8:15p
Library Program Room
This group, facilitated by Lauren Smyth, reads current fiction and non fiction. New members always welcome!
- March 5: The Taming of the Shrew / William Shakespeare
- April 9: Educated: a memoir / Tara Westover
Curious about the Bookworms? Check out their list of books read.