Book Groups for Adults
Book Bunch Book Group
1st Monday of the month, 1:30-2:30p
Library Program Room
Reading current fiction and non-fiction. New members always welcome!
Questions? Contact Kay Klocko at 215-628-8744 or via our contact form
- March 4: Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War, by Karen Abbott.
- April 1: State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett.
- May 6: Pachinko, by Min Jin Lee.
- June 3: Little Fires Everywhere, by Celeste Ng
- July 1: Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin, by Jill Lepore.
- September 9 (one week late): The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins.
- October 7: Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury. (Banned Book week is the end of September)j
- November 4: Clock Dance: A novel, by Anne Tyler.
- December 2: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman.
- January 6, 2020: Educated: A Memoir, by Tara Westover.
Curious about what we’ve read in the past? Check out our booklist from 2001 to 2018.
Facilitator: Sara S.
History Book Group
1st Tuesday of the Month, 7-8 pm
Library Conference Room
Reading fiction and non-fiction books about history. New members always welcome.
Questions? Contact Kay Klocko at 215-628-8744 or via our contact page.
- March 5: Norse mythology / Neil Gaiman .
- April 2: Nothing like it in the world : the men who built the transcontinental railroad, 1863-1869 / Stephen E. Ambrose.
- May 7: A long way gone : memoirs of a boy soldier / Ishmael Beah.
- June 4: Killers of the Flower Moon : the Osage murders and the birth of the FBI / David Grann.
Upcoming books, especially those six months out, may change depending on group needs.
Bookworms Book Group
1st Thursday of the Month, 7:15-8:15p
Library Program Room
This group, facilitated by Lauren Smyth & Kay Klocko, reads current fiction and non fiction. New members always welcome!
- March 7: The handmaid’ s tale / Margaret Atwood.
- April 4: The birth of the pill : how four crusaders reinvented sex and launched a revolution / Jonathan Eig.
- May 2: The rent collector : a novel / Camron Wright.
- June 6: Educated : a memoir / Tara Westover.
- July 11: Cleopatra : a life / Stacy Schiff.
- August: No meeting.
- September 5: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (on The Great American Reads list)
- October 3: Americanah / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
Curious about the Bookworms? Check out their list of books read.
French Book Club
1st & 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 2p
*Please check our calendar for group meeting dates changes.*
Discuss works written in French. For the advanced beginner French reader.