Welcome to the UDPL
520 Virginia Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
- Mon: 9:30a-8:45p
- Tue: 9:30a-8:45p
- Wed: 9:30a-8:45p
- Thu: 9:30a-8:45p
- Fri: 9:30a-5p
- Sat: 9:30a-5p
- Sun: 12p-5p
- View 2022 Holiday Hours
Newsletters & Program Information
- Our weekly e-newsletter: Click here.
- Wowbrary: a weekly newsletter highlighting all the new items in the library. Sign up here.
Not getting our emails? See our Whitelist Instructions here.
Connecting people and ideas to educate, inspire and strengthen the Upper Dublin community. UDPL—We’re About You!
Our mission says that we’re about you, but it is YOU that makes us great! The Upper Dublin Public Library has come a long way since it originated in a 1932 East Oreland Elementary School classroom as the East Oreland Public Library. Since then, the benefits of membership have expanded and grown, making today’s Upper Dublin Public Library (the official name since 1965) busier and better than ever!
The UDPL’s success is largely due to the dedicated and caring staff and volunteers and to the generous Upper Dublin residents who have supported us over the years. It takes a lot more than we have to keep the UDPL a vital and enriching resource. We are grateful to everyone who contributes time and funds to our services.
There are many ways to play an active role in the UDPL’s continued success. Volunteer your time and talents, donate unwanted books and movies to our book sale; or dedicate a new book in the collection in celebration or memory of a loved one.
Patron Account & Circulation Information
Upper Dublin Township residents can apply for a library card here.
You will be contacted with your library card number within 24 hours so you can start using our online resources. Your physical card will be mailed to you in a few days.
We may communicate with you via phone, email or text message. Communications will be for library purposes only, such as an item you have requested is in, your items are almost due, your library card has expired, etc. We will never sell your personal information.
- You may need to whitelist our email address to stop your email provider from sending our messages to spam. See here for instructions.
- To sign up for library communications, please see a staff member.
- For text messaging notices, we will need your cell phone number and your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
- For the best way to find out about library events & new services, please feel free to sign up for our email newsletter.
Most UDPL items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting
- 1 hour – in-library devices (see Device Use Policy and Agreement)
- 3 days (begins at 3 pm on Day 1 and ends at noon on Day 3) – museum/arboreta passes
- 7 days – New DVDs (single/double disk sets; for first six months only), video games, magazines, Circulating Tech
- 21 days – all other materials
- Reference, most recent magazine issues, and some special materials do not circulate. Please note that items borrowed from other libraries may have a different loan period or fine structure, which we are required to honor.
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy
Most of our items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting for them. Items from other libraries may have other renewal policies. Also, please be aware that “items due” emails from our system do not have “live” information and do not know if someone is waiting for an item. For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Annual Reports & Planning
- 2020 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report
- 2017 UDPL Snapshot
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 UDPL Snapshot
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
UDPL Reimagined: A Strategic Plan, 2015-2017
Future Focus Extended 2010-2013: An Interim Strategic Plan for the Upper Dublin Public Library
Future Focus 2004-2009: A Long Range Plan for Upper Dublin Public Library