Welcome to the UDPL
The Upper Dublin Public Library is located at: 805 Loch Alsh Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034.
- Monday-Thursday: 9:30a -9p
- Friday: 9:30a – 5p
- Saturday: 9:30a – 5p
- Sunday: 12 (noon) – 5p
- View Holiday Hours
Newsletters & Program Information
- Between the Pages: Between the Pages Newsletter and Program Guide
- Our weekly e-newsletter: Click here.
- Wowbrary: a weekly newsletter highlighting all the new items in the library. Sign up here.
Connecting people and ideas to educate, inspire and strengthen the Upper Dublin community. UDPL—We’re About You!
Our mission says that we’re about you, but it is YOU that makes us great! The Upper Dublin Public Library has come a long way since it originated in a 1932 East Oreland Elementary School classroom as the East Oreland Public Library. Since then, the benefits of membership have expanded and grown, making today’s Upper Dublin Public Library (the official name since 1965) busier and better than ever!
The UDPL’s success is largely due to the dedicated and caring staff and volunteers and to the generous Upper Dublin residents who have supported us over the years. It takes a lot more than we have to keep the UDPL a vital and enriching resource. We are grateful to everyone who contributes time and funds to our services.
There are many ways to play an active role in the UDPL’s continued success. Volunteer your time and talents, donate unwanted books and movies to our book sale; or dedicate a new book in the collection in celebration or memory of a loved one.
Join the Friends of Upper Dublin Public Library!
The Friends sponsor many of the UDPL’s free programs and fund other special programs and services each year with their fundraising efforts and your annual membership. Make the Friends part of your annual giving.
Quick Library Information
Bring or email us your Library Card Application.
Library Card Instructions
- Adults must present valid Township address or proof of employment located in the Township, for example, photo ID or other official documentation with the applicant’s name and current mailing address (i.e. driver’s license, government i.d., utility bill, lease, property tax bill or bank statement.)
- Library cards need to be renewed every three years. Lost library cards can be replaced for a $1 fee with appropriate identification (photo id, etc.).
- Children under age 18 must have the signature of a parent/guardian who will be financially responsible for materials borrowed on the child’s card.
- Montgomery County residents who do not have a home library in their township or borough may apply for a Montgomery County – Norristown library card through Upper Dublin.
Library Card by Mail Instructions:
- To edit the application, download it to your device, fill in the forms and save.
- Library card application can be emailed to us via the “Submit” button in the upper left-hand corner of the pdf. Or, if this does not work on your device, please email the filled in application to email@example.com.
- Cards will be mailed to the address on the application, which may take up to one week. If you do not receive your card within a week, please contact the library.
- If you need a card immediately, please print out the application and visit the library.
- If we are unable to verify your address through the mail, the in-person registration process will be followed.
We may communicate with you via phone, email or text message. Communications will be for library purposes only, such as an item you have requested is in, your items are almost due, your library card has expired, etc. We will never sell your personal information.
- To sign up for library communications, please see a staff member.
- For text messaging notices, we will need your cell phone number and your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
- For the best way to find out about library events & new services, please feel free to sign up for our email newsletter.
Most UDPL items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting
- adult, teen & kids books; audiobooks & pre-loaded audiobooks: 21 days
- (some exceptions exist. See below.)
- DVDs, video games, magazines, children’s holiday books: 7 days
- new adult fiction, Kill a Watt meters: 14 days
- museum/arboreta passes: 3 days
- eBooks & digital audiobooks: 7, 14 or 21 days depending on your preferences
- DVD sets (3 or more together), all other materials: 21 days
- Reference and some special materials do not circulate
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy
- Juvenile Collection Item: 15¢ a day
- Adult Collection Item: 25¢ a day
- DVDs/pre-loaded audiobooks/video games/Kill a Watts: $1 a day
- Museum/Arboreta Passes: $20 a day
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Most of our items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting for them. Items from other libraries may have other renewal policies. Also, please be aware that “items due” emails from our system do not have “live” information and do not know if someone is waiting for an item. For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Annual Reports & Planning
UDPL Reimagined: A Strategic Plan, 2015-2017
Future Focus Extended 2010-2013: An Interim Strategic Plan for the Upper Dublin Public Library
Future Focus 2004-2009: A Long Range Plan for Upper Dublin Public Library