Support the Library
Donating Books to the Library
The Friends of the Upper Dublin Public Library gratefully accepts gently used donations of hardback books, paperbacks, children’s books, DVDs, CD audio books and music CDs, which are then sold at the ongoing book sale to raise library funds. For more information, please see our Used Book Donations Guidelines.
Tribute & Memorial Gifts
Celebrate a special occasion, pay tribute to a friend or memorialize a loved one by giving a Tribute or Memorial Gift to the Upper Dublin Public Library. For a $25 minimum donation the Library selects a book or audiovisual material for its collection in the name of your friend or loved one. Although we cannot guarantee the purchase of a specific title, every effort will be made to purchase something in the subject area and/or format requested.*
To make your donation, simply fill out the online Tribute & Memorial Gift Form by clicking here. This form will allow you to personalize your donation and will give instructions on how to submit payment. You can also print out this form and bring it to the library with your cash or check donation.
A bookplate will be placed inside the book or audiovisual material acknowledging the honoree or person memorialized as well as the donor. Notification of the gift will be sent to the honoree or memorial family acknowledging the gift and title of the item added to the Library’s collection. In addition, you may choose to have your tribute or memorial gifts acknowledged on our website: www.upperdublinlibrary.org.
Celebrate a birthday, honor military service or recognize a volunteer. This thoughtful way to show your love, admiration and friendship adds value to the library’s collection and will be shared with the community for years to come.
*Title selections will be made by Library staff in accordance with the Materials Selection/Collection Development Policy and based on need.
Give a Presentation
Share your expertise with the Upper Dublin community
The Upper Dublin Public Library enriches the community by inspiring the joy of reading, the discovery of ideas,
and the pursuit of information. Driven by the interests of our residents, we provide services in a welcoming, knowledgeable and responsive manner. The UDPL seeks to expand its programming portfolio with local professionals, artisans, and others with unique skills willing to share their knowledge and expertise with the community. The UDPL is an ideal venue for speakers to address community members and potentially gain exposure to new customers, members, or like minded people. All speakers would have their name and business or organization affiliation listed in the UDPL’s programming publicity. Presentations must serve the UDPL mission, be presented to the public without charge or obligation, and fulfill a UDPL programming need.
Examples of possible program topics include:
- Planning for retirement
- Flower arranging
- Teaching a technology (ex. digital cameras)
- Starting your own business
- Introducing new tax laws
- Home buying (1st time or downsizing)
Proposed programs should consider the following:
- Does the presentation serve the UDPL’s mission?
- Does the presentation offer something valuable to the community? Will people come away
better informed? While speakers may identify themselves with their business or organization, a UDPL-sponsored program may not be simply a sales pitch or a member-seeking initiative.
- The UDPL will include a business or organization’s name (and logo if requested and space permits) on program publicity. Logos must be submitted in a .jpg or .tif format.
- UDPL programs are generally scheduled 6 months – 1 year in advance of the event date in order to provide proper staffing, scheduling, marketing, etc., so presentations must be planned accordingly to ensure subject matter timeliness.
- Submission of this request form does not guarantee the UDPL will accommodate the proposed program. Every effort will be made to respond to proposals within 4-6 weeks of submission.