Get a Library Card
Bring or email us your Library Card Application.
Library Card Instructions
- Adults must present valid Township address or proof of employment located in the Township, for example, photo ID or other official documentation with the applicant’s name and current mailing address (i.e. driver’s license, government i.d., utility bill, lease property tax bill or bank statement.)
- Library cards need to be renewed every three years. Lost library cards can be replaced for a $1 fee with appropriate identification (photo id, etc.).
- Children under age 18 must have the signature of a parent/guardian who will be financially responsible for materials borrowed on the child’s card.
- Montgomery County residents who do not have a home library in their township or borough may apply for a Montgomery County – Norristown library card through Upper Dublin.
Library Card by Mail Instructions:
- Library card application can be emailed to us via the “Submit” button in the upper left-hand corner of the pdf. Cards will be mailed to the address on the application, which may take up to one week.
- If you do not receive your card within a week, please contact the library.
- If you need a card immediately, please print out the application and visit the library.
- If we are unable to verify your address through the mail, the in-person registration process will be followed.
Librarian tip: Tired of carrying cards everywhere? Digitize them and use them on your phone instead! We have tested the Stocard or Keyring apps on our self-checkout. Alternatively, our scanners can even scan a plain old picture of your card barcode. So, ditch the card but continue to use your library today.
We may communicate with you via phone, email or text message. Communications will be for library purposes only, such as an item you have requested is in, your items are almost due, your library card has expired, etc. We will never sell your personal information.
- To sign up for library communications, please see a staff member.
- For text messaging notices, we will need your cell phone number and your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, etc.)
- For the best way to find out about library events & new services, please feel free to sign up for our email newsletter.
Most UDPL items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting
- adult, teen & kids books; audiobooks & pre-loaded audiobooks,: 21 days
- (some exceptions exist. See below.)
- DVDs, video games, magazines, children’s holiday books: 7 days
- new adult fiction, Kill a Watt meters: 14 days
- museum/arboreta passes: 3 days
- eBooks & digital audiobooks: 7, 14 or 21 days depending on your preferences
- DVD sets (3 or more together), all other materials: 21 days
- Reference and some special materials do not circulate
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy
- Juvenile Collection Item: 15¢ a day
- Adult Collection Item: 25¢ a day
- DVDs/pre-loaded audiobooks/video games/Kill a Watts: $1 a day
- Museum/Arboreta Passes: $5 a day
- For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Most of our items may be renewed three times as long as no one is waiting for them. Please be aware that items from other libraries may have other renewal policies. Also, please be aware that “items due” emails from our system are not live and do not know if someone is waiting for an item. For more information, please see our Materials Use Policy.
Other Library Policies
All Policies are in pdf format
- Confidentiality of Library Records Policy
- Library Use Policy
- Materials Selection & Collection Development Policy
- Materials Use Policy
- Internet and Computer Use Policy and Guidelines
- Computing Assistance Policy & Waiver
- Wireless Instructions
- Laptop Use Policy and Agreement
- Reference Services Defined
- Lobby Bulletin Board Policy